Our policies are in place in order to help our students become dedicated musicians,
with a passion for creating art that will last a lifetime.
Accepted forms of payment:
Credit & Debit cards are not accepted at this time.
Payment is due at the conclusion of each lesson. Late payments will result in a $20 late fee.
What does your lesson payment go toward? YOUR lesson payment covers much more than just the 30 or 60 minute lesson you or your child attends each week. this payment also helps to cover lesson planning, repertoire selection, the purchasing of sheet music, piano tuning & instrument maintenance, and care & upkeep of the studio space.
- We require 24 hours notice for cancelations, except in the case of illness or a family emergency. There is a $25 cancelation fee for cancelations within the 24 hour period before your lesson. (playdates, school functions, and parties are not considered emergencies, and will be subject to the cancelation fee if 24 hours notice is not given.)
- No-Show Lessons: Students who do not show up for their lesson at the studio, or are not at home when the teacher arrives for the designated lesson time. No-Shows will be subject to the full price of the missed lesson. If a student no-shows 3 times, he or she will be removed from the schedule moving forward (3 strike rule!)
Students who are ill should not attend lessons. If you are too sick to attend school, you are too sick to have your music lesson. Please notify your teacher asap if you are sick.
Students who are mildly ill (but may be contagious), have the option to schedule a video lesson via FaceTime or Google Hangouts! Ask your teacher for more information on video lessons.
Students should be ready on time at the start of their lesson time. No additional time will be given to students who are late to lessons.
If the teacher is ever late to a lesson, extra time will be given to the student. This can happen either at the current lesson, or at a later date that the teacher sets up with the student and/or parents.
Students are expected to be prepared with all materials (assignment folder, binder, exercise sheets, sheet music and handouts) at every lesson. It is the student's responsibility to remain organized and keep track of materials. Your teacher spends time between your lessons planning and gathering the necessary tools for you to succeed - please respect that by bringing these tools to your lesson each week. Students who show up to lessons unprepared 3 times will be asked to go home (3 strike rule!). The student has the option to go home, retrieve the materials, and return for any remaining time he or she has left in the lesson, or the student goes home and forfeits that lesson time.
parents are welcome to wait in-studio during their child's lesson in our waiting area. Coffee, tea, water, and magazines are provided. We ask that parents do not interrupt lessons unless it is an emergency.
Please be respectful of our shared studio space
- Please use the side door entrance to the studio, unless otherwise instructed
- Do not leave trash. please Throw away any garbage/recycling at the conclusion of your lesson
- Please remove your shoes at the top of the stairs before entering the studio, especially if they are muddy or wet!
- Be respectful of lesson times. If you enter the studio for your lesson and the previous lesson is still wrapping up, please wait in the waiting area until the teacher calls you in. do not interrupt another student's lesson time
Summer Semester Policy
Our summer semester runs from Memorial day through Labor day.
We know summer is a crazy time, full of camps, sports, and vacations. These activities are generally planned well in advance, and therefore we ask that parents try to give us at least two weeks' notice before vacations or other planned cancelations for summer activities.
Students who wish to take the entire summer off will need to pay a $90 holding fee if they wish to have their spot held for them until the fall. Students who do not wish to pay the holding fee will be placed on the waiting list for fall, and will be added back to the schedule as availability opens up.
If a student commits to taking at least 4 lessons over the summer semester, the holding fee will be waived. These students will have their slots held for them for the upcoming fall semester, and their summer lessons will be scheduled on a lesson-by-lesson basis. A designated time slot will not be saved for them over the summer unless they commit to weekly lessons throughout the summer.
The key to a successful performance is preparation and consistency. Students who do not take lessons during the summer semester will not be invited to participate in any summer or early fall performances (June through October). We want our students to feel good about their performances, and would never send a student onstage unprepared.
Recitals & Performances
Students will have multiple performance opportunities throughout the year, including (But not limited to):
- Winter concert (February)
- Spring Concert (June - voice & Piano only)
- Coffee Shop & restaurant performances
- Town & local events
- Student Music festivals & competitions
- Summer program performances (when applicable)
A $5 fee per family is charged for the Winter & Spring Recital, and goes toward the cost of venue, accompanist, and reception.
Performance opportunities are only open to current weekly students. Students who take time off from lessons will not be asked to participate in performances, as they will not have current repertoire to perform.
Holidays & Studio Breaks
His & Hers Music will be closed:
- New Year's Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Dec. 24 - Dec. 26
Additional studio breaks may be added to the calendar, and students will always be given ample notice of any changes.
Student Agreement Forms